返回列表 发帖
一、恭喜恭喜!《纽约时报〉使用的写作水平是英语报纸中最高之一。既然你读得了《纽约时报〉,我就用英文回复,希望你不介意;)
You deserve a sound round of applause for this accomplishment! Do you have other English language related goals, or other milestones you'd like to achieve? If you want to see how you stand with other papers of a similar reading level, there's The Telegraph and The Economist. Both are based in the UK.

二、You raised many good points regarding translating. Sparse, straight-forward language is always easier to translate than rich figurative language. It is difficult to capture a subtle nuances, and it's even more difficult when there are wide cultural differences between the two languages. This is why I think translating is as much of an art as writing itself.

Perverse Idyll's works are absolutely beautiful, her language stunning. I wouldn't even consider translating any of her works unless I've a huge amount of time available and have tried working on some of already, just to make sure the job's doable. Even then, I'd approach it with the utmost caution because, sometimes, her words are more poetry than prose and translating poetry's just... a complete different animal. You deserve another round of applause for your translations, for bringing the stories to a brand new audience.

三、我和你的情况相反——我想英译中,提高自己的中文水平。You gave sound advice -- I will keep your words in mind. Thank you! <(_ _)>

四、其他学习英文的同学们,好好努力哟!虽然路遥长艰难,the results are worth it!

回复 9# adrolian

>也許,過陣子我會再把文章順過一次,畢竟這是篇好文,不該毀於我手。
I know what you mean. One of the reasons I'm hesitating and picking/choosing potential translation fics very very carefully is because I don't think my Chinese is good enough to translate them well. Revision is always good, especially with Perverse Idyll's works. I read "And Mine the Gall" recently and found another interpretation of several scenes. I was completely floored. I guess it's kind of like listening to Brahms; the more you listen, the more layers you find.

> 不過我現在比較煩惱的是,光譯HP同人,學到的字彙範圍似乎跟現實世界有些落差,所以我還得開發其他的閱讀範疇才會對英語世界有更全面的理解。
Try working on some non-magic AU or muggle-heavy fics. Suitesamba's Harry and the Potter has some hefty discussion on pottery, and descriptions of the American Northwest. There are many med fics, especially ones revolving around 心理学 -- there's one that rewrote Equus with Harry and Snape as the main characters. Personally, I found reading HP fanfics has greatly improved my British English skills. Though newspapers draw upon many areas of knowledge and tend to be written in up-to-date vocabulary, terminalogy, and expresssions, the language used (especially NY Times, Telegraph, Economist) is more academic than colloquial and does not contain much regionalisms. Honestly, I think reading (brit!picked) (good) (fan)fics is better for learning how "normal" people in the UK talk than reading papers ;)

> 加油!期待看到你的譯作!!
哎,先得拿到授权哟!拿到授权后再说吧~ *blush*

返回列表